11 August 2014

mondays mix: TO REMEMBER AND INSPIRE

INSPIRING




When moving houses and start to live in a completely different one from what you used to is a challenging task! Challenging I say, because we lived in an open space and I was constantly trying to make some interesting places and islands to divide it a bit and cozy it up. I loved it and have so to speak over the years gained a lot of experience when it comes to open spaces. 
Now as we have moved to down town Reykjav√≠k, the house is from 1928 and so completely different from the old one that almost nothing feels the same, I had to change course and switch my mind to see and feel how our things would fit in. I've had months to plan it and we've been working on the colour palette and mood for quite a long time, and now everything is in ... we couldn't be happier. The house is a gem and being able to be a part of such an amazing project as is has been renovating it has been a privilege. 
Following are some images I've used to get inspired but mostly I use them to remember things I have already decided; a table here and mirror there. Remember the round table in the cellar and use it by the window. Daybed is a future finding. Painting the old mirror in the wall colour and so on. Hope you like these photos as much as I do! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...